‣ Kindergarten - Lip Balm and Travel Packs of Baby Wipes
‣ First Grade - Canned Chicken or Tuna and Cracker Packs
‣ 2nd Grade - Socks and Beef Jerky
‣ 3rd Grade - Gloves and Individual Instant Coffee Packets or Tea Bags
‣ 4th Grade - Individual Flavored Water Packets and Individual Trail Mix Packets
‣ 5th Grade - Travel Size Lotion and Travel Toothpaste and Toothbrushes
‣ 6th Grade - Reusable Water Bottles and Band-aids
‣ 7th Grade - Travel Sunscreen and Gum/Mints
‣ 8th Grade - Travel Deodorant and Travel Tissue Packs Thank you for your help with this. At SeA we know that together we can make a difference!
SeA’s Jr Beta Club Chapter is sponsoring a school-wide service project to help homeless people in our area this month. We are asking that each grade level bring in specific items to help us make SeA Cares Kits. These kits will be put together by our SeA Betas and filled with items that will not only help those in need, but also remind them that someone cares. We are asking that all items be donated by Friday, Jan. 19th. Most items on the list can be found at the Dollar Store. There will be collection boxes in each home room. Included is the list of items we are asking each class to bring in. If you have any questions, please contact the Beta Club Sponsor, Mrs. Kennedy, email@example.com
SeA Recognized for Exceeding Academic Growth
The NC Department of Public Instruction recently presented Southeastern Academy with a certificate that recognizes our school's continued striving towards academic excellence. The certificate indicates that SeA not only met expected growth during the 2016 -2017 school year, but EXCEEDED the expectations for growth set forth by the state. Way to go, Dolphins!!!
SeA Students Win Big in VFW Essay Contest
SeA middle school students recently had the opportunity to enter the VFW's Essay Scholarship Contest, The Patriot's Pen. This year the theme was, "What has the US done for my generation?"
Four of our SeA students placed at our local post or at a nearby post. Kaelan won 2nd place, Aidan won 3rd place, and Morgan won 2nd place at a nearby post. Alyssa won 1st place not only at our local post but also at the district competition. Her essay will now be entered in the state competition!
All four students are members of Southeastern's chapter of the National Junior Beta Club.